Skip to content
- develop laboratory quality assurance source document for each subject ensuring all allergies are noted (such as latex and adhesives), location of preference for blood draws, history of blood-borne pathogens, and other factors pertinent for successful laboratory collection and quality specimens.
- ensure proper collection, processing and shipment of specimens (centrifuge, preparation of slides, freezing, refrigeration, etc.).
- develop procedures and forms for collection, processing, storage, and shipment of pharmacokinetic samples.
- recognize common laboratory values and alerts and communicate with laboratory, principle investigator, and sponsor regarding qualifying, disqualifying, or abnormal laboratory findings.
- facilitate timely laboratory review by investigator and follow-up as necessary with subjects, including laboratory re-testing.
- track and maintain supply inventory.
- maintain equipment (e.g., calibration and preventive maintenance).
- schedule sharps and biohazard pick-ups.